Gigabit broadband for your business
Here at Telcom we recognise that world-class internet infrastructure is essential to ensure the UK’s future competitiveness, it enables us to remain at the forefront of technology and continue the tradition of invention and innovation we are proud of in the UK. Faster and more reliable connections are transforming the way we live and work, and better connectivity supports businesses to grow. The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme run by The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), enables small and medium-sized businesses around the UK to benefit from full-fibre connections. With most superfast connections still dependant on copper telephone wires, which are limited in the speeds they can support, a full fibre infrastructure is required to enable gigabit connection.
What does gigabit speed mean for businesses?
- Faster internet access for increased productivity
- Upload and Download speeds starting from 100 Mbit/s
- Delivered on 1Gb (1000Mb) ready infrastructure, upgradable any time
- Unlimited data usage
- Installation free of charge (worth up to £2,500 via the DCMS)
How to claim a Gigabit Broadband Voucher
- Check your eligibility and apply via telcom.uk/gigabit-voucher-scheme
- A member of our team will get in touch within 1 working day to talk through the options available to you
- Telcom will update DCMS and request your gigabit voucher
- Telcom will begin work on delivery of your connection
- Telcom will let DCMS know work is complete
- DCMS may carry out final checks
- Confirm you have received your connection by responding to an email from DCMS
- Sit back and enjoy your new ultrafast fibre connection
Customers can also benefit from the voucher scheme as part of a local business community group. Residents and businesses taking part in a group scheme will join together to pool the value of their vouchers. Within this group the total value of vouchers used by businesses must always be greater than the value of vouchers taken by residents.
How do I know if my business is eligible?
The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme is for small and medium size businesses across the UK, who have up to 249 Employees and a balance sheet of less than 43 million or a turnover of less than €50 million.
More information about the formal definition of a SME can be found here
Full terms and conditions can be found here
Get in touch for more info https://telcom.io/gigabit-voucher-scheme#claim
Other things to consider
Vouchers help support the capital costs of delivering a new gigabit capable connection to your business premises.
If you already have a gigabit capable connection you are not eligible for a voucher.
Your new connection must have a minimum speed of 100 Mbit/s and represent at least a doubling of speed compared to the service you have now.
When does the National Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme run until?
The Gigabit Voucher Scheme is live now.
The DCMS will stop issuing vouchers when all available funding has been allocated or by March 2021 – whichever is sooner.
How much can my business receive through the scheme?
Vouchers are worth between £500 and £2,500.
If your new connection costs less than £500, you will not be able to claim a voucher.
If the cost of providing a connection is more than £2,500 then you can “top up”. DCMS cannot pay any VAT or monthly charges.
Other conditions apply – see Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme website for full details.